Rudyard Kipling"
“When you're left wounded on Afganistan's plains and
the women come out to cut up what remains, Just roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains,
And go to your God like a soldier”
General Douglas MacArthur"
“We are not retreating. We are advancing in another direction.”
“It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.” “Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.
“The soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and be the deepest wounds and scars of war.”
“May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't .” “The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
“Nobody ever defended, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.
“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
The Soldier stood and faced God
Which must always come to pass
He hoped his shoes were shining
Just as bright as his brass
"Step forward you Soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true?"
"No, Lord, I guess I ain't
Because those of us who carry guns
Can't always be a saint."
I've had to work on Sundays
And at times my talk was tough,
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.
But, I never took a penny
That wasn't mine to keep.
Though I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills got just too steep,
The Soldier squared his shoulders and said
And I never passed a cry for help
Though at times I shook with fear,
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around
Except to calm their fears.
If you've a place for me here,
Lord, It needn't be so grand,
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand."
There was silence all around the throne
Where the saints had often trod
As the Soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.
"Step forward now, you Soldier,
You've borne your burden well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell."
Rational Malaysians must really pay attention to what Loke told the premier when it comes to the current state of racial politics in Madani.
Loke said: "(For example) in the Negeri Sembilan state government, the majority of Malay voters interviewed said that the Harapan government is actually doing very well, but the main point is that they simply do not want DAP to be in the government.
“Malay voters are no longer looking at achievements, performance, or track records; they simply do not want DAP in the government.”
Think about this for a moment. Umno, with the enabling of Madani, has done such a good job of vilifying DAP that the Malays (in this example, Negeri Sembilan) would rather vote against their self-interests than have the DAP in government. This has been the modus operandi for Umno for decades.
Umno wants to destroy democratic opportunities where the Malays, especially if they are a minority in certain areas, understand that their welfare is safeguarded by a non-Malay majority.
This is a damning indictment and points to how effective the propaganda of Umno has been. When DAP voices out concern, which would help the Malay community, it is demonised, and more often than not, the head of Madani would side with the far-right ethnocentric agitators who really do nothing for the Malay community.
I do not mean this as a backhanded compliment, considering my public criticism of the DAP, but the party has always been a loyal supporter of the coalition they are in and, as far as mainstream politics is concerned, has been far more effective in their various public servant roles than the rest of the rabble they serve with.
Umno for Umno
And it is not as if there was never any simpatico between Umno and DAP personalities, who understood the realpolitik of the times. In 2018, Umno strongman Nazri Abdul Aziz said, “I said the voice of the Chinese after the 2013 general election is DAP. Is that wrong? I am friends with DAP because I respect democracy.
“I want to carry out tourism work in Seremban and in Penang. These are DAP areas. I cannot leave them aside.”
Umno was never really for the Malays, but rather, they were for Umno. I remember when former Kota Raja Umno chief Amzah Umar revealed: “We give a seven percent discount for bumiputera buyers and 12 percent for Umno members, if I am not mistaken.”
And Umno knows that DAP is not and will never be a threat to “Malay rights” and Islam in this country. Here is Umno secretary-general Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki (below), just last year, who wanted to debunk the slander that Islam is under threat from DAP.
"This is a fundamental matter that we must understand, so that all slander and accusations - as though Umno is selling out the country, Islam, and the Malay struggle to others - can be put to rest."
Loke also said, "These are things that BN cannot oppose, and we cannot use their disagreement as an excuse, because BN has already agreed, so the prime minister also needs to make a decision.
“To a certain extent, we told the prime minister that he must be more decisive."
Malay rights
And therein lies the rub. Malay rights have been weaponised to the point that the Madani regime would rather not carry out any utilitarian policies that would benefit everyone, especially the Malays, because they are the majority, for fear of the opposition claiming that Malay/Muslim rights are being sidelined because of DAP.
Who benefits from all of this? While Perikatan Nasional may have taken exception to Anwar’s broadsides against the “maha kaya” (ultra rich) class, PKR rabble-rouser Hassan Abdul Karim has said that not only has there been a return of the crony class, but now we have the resurgence of the “maha kaya” class.
Read Hassan’s (below) warning, but pay attention to the third type: “These people seem to enjoy immunity and cannot be touched due to the 3R ban.”
The Pasir Gudang MP also noted their business dealings, even though this was expressly forbidden by the Federal Constitution.
DAP MP Syahredzan Johan, who I have always thought of as one of the better political operatives this country has to offer, said this: “The Madani government can do all these reforms because DAP is part of the administration. We are the beating heart of this government. We are the conscience of this government.”
Loke’s resignation demonstrates that DAP is the guilty conscience of Madani.